Comment on page
Ten Commandments of Twitter Handles
Instructions on how to make the best Twitter @handle
I've always had an obsession with Twitter handles, so it's time to compile rules on how to make the optimal one!
- 1.Do not make your handle all CAPITAL - it makes your username hard to read, and more AGGRESSIVE.
- 2.Capitalization may only be used for: i. Names with acronyms (ex:
@USA). ii. Two words where the letters in the beginning and ends match (ex:
@NotThomas) iii. Words that come after numbers (ex:
@30Days) iiii. In a handle that contains acronyms (ex:
- 3.Avoid using underscores (
_) to space words out, it is better to just write it out (ex:
- 4.It is permissible to add an underscore (
_) after a Twitter handle you desire but is already take (ex:
- 5.i) Never add an underscore (
_) in the beginning of your handle.
- 6.ii) Never add two underscores (
__) in a row in your handle.
- 7.If you have an acronym in your handle it must either be all lowercase or all capital (ex:
- 8.If you would like to incorporate domain names into your handle it can be done with an underscore (
_), or without, if you would like to incorporate the
.iodomain it may be in capital if it is with an underscore (
- 9.Avoid random numbers in your handle at ALL costs.
- 10.Use your own judgement, if your eyes see something off with your handle, just change it, won't hurt anyone